Significant challenges are facing the global community as we collectively take proactive steps to help contain the spread of pandemic COVID-19.
Effective communication will be critical in the success of Australian’s working together for the best possible outcomes.
To this end, we must all attempt a modified ‘business-as-usual’ approach, as best we can.
Here are five tips to help guide calm and considered brand communication as organisations move forward through this evolving situation:
1. Know your stakeholders and what’s important to them.
2. Ensure decision making is timely and guided by accurate information – refer only to credible sources such as the World Health Organisation, and Australia’s government and health agencies.
3. Use clear and concise messaging.
4. Keep stakeholders well informed.
5. Maintain transparency – honesty is always the best policy.
Through sensitive and effective communication during times of crisis, businesses can alleviate distress and create potential for opportunity, renewal and eventual growth.
These are tumultuous times, marked with fear, confusion and speculation, for which compassion, empathy and truth are the greatest solace.
If your organisation is struggling to know what to say, who to say it to, or how to say it – we are here to help with internal and external stakeholder communication, issues and crisis management.
Geographical location and social distancing practices are no barrier to the support we can offer. Systems are in place for effective remote service provision, with the welfare of our team, clients and broader community front of mind.
If you would like to contact Hashtag Group for assistance, please email email@example.com or call Nicole Marino – Owner/Principal, on 0449 894 956.